Summary and Suggestion after Teaching Practice

Photo of welcoming lunch with the director and lecturers of PBRU



1.1      Purposes of Practicum

This practicum actually show us as the teacher student how is the other country hold their teaching system. It makes us as see wider than we usually see in our country. It is also teach us as the students and as a teacher that being a teacher is not an easy work. We have to be the real role model for our students, can work even when in the worst situation when your students don’t have any intention to look at you or put their attention on you. This practicum show us they way to sharpen our skill in managing the students in every situation or condition. Not only from the way of teaching, more than it, this practicum show about how is the real culture of the country that we visit and how to adapt in such condition.

1.2      Procedures of Practicum
The procedure of practicum is observing the classroom, being the teacher assistant, and finally directly teach the students. The teacher students will firstly observing the school and also the teaching process of the school where they are placed. After that, the director and adviser will give the students teacher chance to be the teacher assistant for the related major to the students teacher itself. Adviser and teachers have a big role in determining the student teacher time when they have to be the real teacher in the classroom. Because they observe the student teacher and will when the student ready to work as the real teacher and handle the students fully. For the teaching time, a student teacher has 20 hours of teaching time along the time of project running. 

1.3      Outcomes of Practicum
After this practicum, I believe that not only me, but the other student teachers will be more rich in the way of teaching, we will apply what we’ve gotten from this project in order to increase the quality of the education in our country based on each of our major. Because personally, I learn a lot, even when there’s no technology to support the education system, but the way of teaching of the teacher in the school still can be one of our role model in teaching our students in our country.

1.4      The Challenges of Practicum
For me, the challenge of the practicum is to make the students interested in my lesson and they can understand what I’m saying because in my major, in teaching English, not all of the students like or interested in this subject. In my school, they prefer teach Thai language rather than English, I think that they love Thailand so much, I believe that it is a good thing that students love their own country, but a little bit kind of close minded because we do know that English nowadays is a bridge to the world. It doesn’t mean that they are don’t want to learn English, they just in love in Thai language so much. The other challenge that I face is that some of the students are not understand what I’m saying, so I have to repeat it again and again until they can understand me, and also doing some body language, choose the most basic vocabulary to give explanation. I just try to enjoy every moment. And now I know why people said that being a teacher is a “holy” job, because it needs a lot of patience.

1.5      Overall Impression
I’m so happy to be the part of Satit school as the demonstration school of PBRU, be the part of the teachers and students. A great buddies in school, and friends in dormitory. I’m feeling like just have won a jackpot because all of this joy. Teaching in different country is a new experience for me, it was so exciting, and I believe that I would never forget this for my whole live.
The people around are so kind, they teach me how to say hello and goodbye in agood manner. They taught me what should I do and not do. They respect me, about what kind of food that can I consume (halal food), and give me time to pray. They make me comfortable with everything. I teach and I learn, and I feel so happy and blessed to be the part of this project.

1.6      Suggestions for Future Improvement
I think that the one that should be applied in the future improvement is the schedule of the project. It will be easier for the student teacher if they got the schedule earlier so that they can prepare their self. It should be also considered about the opening ceremony or may be the farewell because the amount of the students which is accepted in every university is not same, so not all of the student teacher can do it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Observation on Teacher(s) of Satit Demonstartion School PBRU

Pedagogical Contents of Satit School Demosntration School of PBRU

Teaching Practice on Satit Demonstration School of PBRU