Teaching Practice on Satit Demonstration School of PBRU


1.1      Procedures of Teaching
Just after entering the school, the director and my advisor help me a lot to make a schedule for
me, for my observation, being teacher assistant and of course to teach the students. Both of
the director and my advisor have a great work, and also my buddies in this school, so I can
understand what should I do and what should I teach to the students. They provide me a
schedule to see what time that I will have a chance to observe, being the teacher assistent and
when to teach the students in the classroom. Based on that schedule, I can prepare myself for
my teaching activity.
Students' handbook


Classroom facilities

I always ask my buddies and also my advisor about what I’m going to do in the classroom, what kind of material that they usually teach to the students and I will make an appropriate material to the students. My advisor and may buddies usually help me to build or to create my lesson plan, they show me the handbook of the students, they also show me the teacher’s hanbook. They told me which part they had taught to the students and which part that I can take as my teaching material. Just after communicate with my teaching partner or other teachers, I create my own lesson plan, what kind of topic that I will teach to the students, in this case, I free to choose what I want to send to the students according to AEC or Asian Economic Communication especially about introduction to Indonesia.

1.2      Time Management and Organizing Activities

The time of teaching is 1 x 50 minutes for one lesson/period of lesson. I spent my first 5 – 10 minutes to do the warming up activity to the students and also open the class. And then I spent about 25 minutes to deliver my material to the students and the last 15 minutes to play with the students or doing quiz in an interactive way to know whether the students have understood with the material or not.
I have always been helped by one of my friends from the intern student to translate about something that the students confuse about or they don't understand. It makes the lesson being more effective since I don't waste a lot of time to make the students understand what I said because there is someone who can help me. 
For some conditions, for example when I have to explain about AEC especially for introducing Indonesia to the students, it will take a bit long time because we only have 50 minutes and sometimes students are going to ask while I'm explaining then it will takes more time. At the last, we can't do the activity such as giving an instruction to the students to do quiz or something else, so the best way to teach in a short time is explaining then ask the students about the lesson and give them point for answering the students, just like giving the stamp for the students so they can be more focus on the lesson.

1.3      Problem-solving


Students in lower secondary level are rather difficult to keep their focus on the teacher and and learning process, that’s why I need to find a way to put the students attention in me from the beginning until the end of the class. One of the way that I do is by applying warming up activity and also playing while learning in the classroom. 
For some students, play with their phone is a must when they feel boring. But, before the class begin, I’ve told them that they are not allowed to use their phone, sleep, or talking while the other people is talking. I’m focusing my face on students who is not giving their attention to the lesson, it will make them somehow uncomfortable and then giving their attention back to the lesson.
When I’m being the teaching assistent, my advisor always gives me advise about the class and the stduents, what should i recover from my class, she makes an addition and correction, and it helps me a lot. We talked about the differences between one class to the other class in the same level, and we found that we need more effort for example in grade 1/ 2 rather than in class 1/1, so that the way I we threat both of the class will be different. For instance, the first class will be much easier to understand than I don’t need a lot of time to ask them to do the conversation in front of the class to get a good point, while in the second class, they rather difficult to understand the lesson, so I need to repeat the material and gives more time to the students.

1.4      Classroom Management

In the classroom, for M.1 or grade 1, they have used to sit in U letter, while in grade 2, they sit in a common order. Since there is not too many students in the classroom, it’s not quite hard to see all of the students, it is also easier for me as a teacher to see all of the students activity. 
The students in the classroom can be focused only for 10 minutes in a lesson, and after that they will busy with their own order or with the game on their phone. It must be hard to take their attention back, but one of the most effective way is I just need to shut my mouth up and let the students think about what happen or their friend can tell their friend to keep their focus back to the lesson.
Students in computer room


Students' project presentation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Observation on Teacher(s) of Satit Demonstartion School PBRU

Pedagogical Contents of Satit School Demosntration School of PBRU